
Above: Snagged this shot from my final high peak of the day—Mount Emmons. From here I had to backtrack a mile or so back over Donaldson to catch my trail off the range and reconnect with my backpack (I left it behind so I could travel light).
18 miles / 17 hours / 421 photographs
I arrived at the Seward Range trailhead at 12:50 am Sunday morning from Victor. Crashed at 1:30 am. Woke to pack at 5:30 am. On the trail at 7:50 am—not early enough to make it back before dark.
Above: The trails of the Adirondack High Peaks are challenging and beautiful. The shot above was taken while heading up Seymour Mnt.
Above: This was the path heading up Seward Mnt. People I came across on the trail were surprised to hear that I planned on doing all four peaks in the range on this day.
Above: A view of the Santanoni Range from Seward. I am yet to hike this range.
Above: I'm a sucker for the receding mountain layers—looking southwest.
Above: A different perspective . . .
Above: There it goes.
Above: No light like the day's final light.
Above: I reward myself with a Black & Mild wood-tipped cigar once I'm off the mountain. Still an hour and forty minutes to travel on backwoods logging roads. Made it back to the trail head at 12:50 am—17 hours on the trail.








No comments:
Post a Comment