Thursday, September 22, 2011

EXCURSION: Adirondacks: Driveabout


Above: This photo is worthy of a ‘click-on-me’ zoom-in—broken sun on a Fall foliage foreground, clouds over Algonquin Mountain, sun shining on the rock slide West face of Colden—contrast, color, majesty . . .

I spent four hours watching, waiting, and photographing the changing panoramas before me from Adirondack Loj Road on this afternoon.

After taking a sunrise tour looking for photo-ops, I stopped for breakfast at Ashley’s Cafe (highly recommended breakfast fare) then stayed to drink their coffee and use their WiFi while I did work for a customer.

After five hours of drinking their coffee and sending over 20 emails I began to get antsy. I could see that the steady rain outside had been replaced with broken clouds and spots of sun so I decided to strike out on the road to see if the afternoon was made for shooting.

What I stumbled across on Adirondack Loj Road was one of the most sustained, awe-inspiring, changing visual panoramas of light, contrast, and color due to an unstable weather pattern that was coming across these mountains from the West, Southwest.

I have only been able to edit about a quarter of my images because I took so many.

There is the makings of a fine art print in this series that I shot.

Taken from Adirondack Loj Road.

Taken from Adirondack Loj Road showing the Seward Range in the distance.

Three views of Giant Mountain from the Ausable Club Road.

The following six images illustrate ... were taken from the same general location XXXXX

I have only been able to edit about a quarter of my images because I took so many.

There is the makings of a fine art print in this series that I shot.
Taken from Adirondack Loj Road.

Taken from Adirondack Loj Road showing the Seward Range in the distance.

Looking across lower Cascade Lake after sundown. 

Mountain light off Route 73 heading toward Keene/Keene Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment