
Above: The Great Range shortly after sunrise from First Brother on my ascent up Big Slide.
I had hoped to do a climb on The Great Range this day, but several key trails were still closed due to flooding damage by Hurricane Irene. I headed out early in hopes of catching first light on surrounding mountains . . . I had no idea of the views of The Great range that were available on this hike.
Above: The Great Range about 10 minutes before the sun would start catching the peaks.
Above: A view to the East showing Vermont peaks over a sea of clouds in the Lake Champlain Valley.
Above: The sun peaking over the mountains behind Keene Valley. Giant Mountain is the peak to the right.
Above: Always time for a quick self portrait. Behind my head is Basin Mountain of The Great Range with Saddleback Mountain to the far left. I would climb these peaks five days later.




No comments:
Post a Comment